Remix Song Process

For my remix, I chose Kyrstelle’s Hypnagogia. I really loved the sound of this song when I heard it in class, so I wanted to see what I could do to “amp it up” a bit. I thought it could benefit from some more drums and bass to add a bit more structure. Therefore, I varied adding different drum beats and bass lanes throughout the song that while added the structure I was looking for, still left space for the more free open piece that Krystelle originally envisioned. I also added some piano at the piano and the end because I thought it added more warmth. I also added one part of hi-hat because I thought it would be neat to have a little syncopation. I adjusted volume levels throughout for better balance, and did some fine tuning of the original work. I only wish I knew how to edit the actual song track. Each time I pulled it into garage band or sound trap the track would just be one file, and I could not figure out how to edit it. I would have loved to adjust the sound levels and instrumentation used here, had I had the option. Overall I thought Hypnagogia was already in great shape, I just did my best to “take it to the next level” as our professor always says in class.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s